Easy steps on how to make a Mango Float.
Our native country Philippines is known to grow the best Mango in the entire world! Yes, that’s right! In fact it was recorded as the world’s sweetest mango in the world by Guinness Book of World Records.
When we moved to Australia this year I was thrilled to know that they grow sweet mangoes as well. Since then, mango has become my daily snack. Australian mangoes are really big and one mango can make you feel like you’ve eaten a full meal.
Kris and I love desserts. One of our favourite dessert is Mango Float. It tastes sweet and can be very addictive that’s why you must share it (or gain extra weight). For those who haven’t tasted it yet, it is somewhat similar to a tiramisu but with mango flavour minus the coffee and chocolate. If you are a mango lover, this dessert is definitely for you. Absolutely divine and an instant crowd pleaser.
3 sweet mangoes
2 tubs thickened cream
1 can condensed milk
2 packs sponge fingers/lady fingers (or you can use Graham biscuits as alternative)
What you’ll need:
Egg beater or electric mixer (Choice between the two will affect the texture of the cream. For a fluffy mixture of the thickened and cream and condensed milk I suggest using an electric mixer.)
Wide rectangular container
- Lay the first layer of sponge finger into the container.
2. Pour the mixture of thickened cream and condensed milk on top of the layered sponge finger. Use spatula to spread the mixture evenly.
3. Put slices of mango on top of the cream mixture.
4. Repeat steps 1 , 2 and 3 till the desired number of layers (usually 3 layers will do).
5. Add final layer of cream mixture and dust the top layer with crushed sponge fingers. Then style it with slices of mango. This is my favourite part. 🙂
6. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to soak the sponge fingers with the cream.